BEIJING -- Chinese state media say a school bus belonging to a primary school has overturned, killing at least 15 students, despite a recent government pledge to improve school safety after an earlier crash of a school van.
The official Xinhua News Agency did not give the ages of the victims in the crash Monday evening.
It said the bus was carrying 29 students when it overturned in Xuzhou city in Jiangsu province in eastern China. It said 11 others were hurt.
Last month, 19 students and two adults were killed when a nine-seat private school van packed with 62 children and two adults crashed head-on with a truck in northwest Gansu province.
Read more content from msnbc.com and NBC News:
- Messages deleted by tabloid journalists? Not so fast
- NJ basketball tycoon launches Russia presidency bid
- Nurse who saved hundreds of US soldiers in WWII finally honored
- (Some) Syrians head to the polls
- Last flight out: US vacates Pakistan base
- Two-legged swine hams it up in China