A well-known conservationist was recovering Thursday after being attacked by a tiger at his wildlife park in South Africa.
John Varty, whose work has appeared on the National Geographic Channel, was attacked at Tiger Canyons on Wednesday, his staff posted online.
Varty is out of surgery, they added. "The report from the doctor is positive, however, we anticipate that John will remain in ICU for 3 more days as part of the pain management medication.
"The doctor will closely monitor his condition, which includes several puncture wounds and two broken ribs. The danger of infection will also be closely monitored."
More from msnbc.com and NBC News:
- 'Global March to Jerusalem': Israel's borders on high alert as protests loom
- For Palestinian farmer, a reminder of Israeli occupation
- Gang-raped, strangled, set on fire: Teen dies in Ukraine hospital
- Was Jewish school gunman linked to French spies?
- Three-hour firefight: Afghan militants ambush NATO convoy
- Global smartphone booms poses huge fraud risk, expert says
Follow us on Twitter: @msnbc_world