China has been shutting down internet and social media sties that have been fuelling rumors of a military coup, ITV's Angus Walker reports from Beijing.
China's government shut down some social media websites this week after photos of tanks on the streets were posted online. The images sparked false rumors of a coup.
ITV News' Angus Walker reports from Beijing.
Check out more China coverage on msnbc.com's Behind The Wall blog.
More from msnbc.com and NBC News:
- 'Martyr for Greece': Retiree's suicide sparks violent protests
- With $10 million bounty on his head, militant openly taunts US
- Reports: 23-year-old with $315K bar bill held in trading probe
- Better luck next year? Scotland's pandas fail to mate
- 'I've got snakes on a plane': Pilot makes emergency landing
- PhotoBlog: Wife held at knifepoint for 6 hours
Follow us on Twitter: @msnbc_world