Meanwhile, in the United States, The Atlantic reported that in April, 84 shots were fired at one murder suspect in Harlem, and another 90 at an unarmed man in Los Angeles.
"Our police officers are no thugs in uniform," Lorenz Caffier, interior minister of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, said at a press conference Tuesday.
"It is gratifying that the use of firearms by police officers against people is declining," Caffier added.
More world news from msnbc.com and NBC News:
- Bad neighbors for Team USA? Occupy camp axed
- WWII fighter plane found preserved in Sahara Desert
- Egypt's first televised presidential debate is a hit
- 88,000-mile voyage? Plastic card found after 33 years
- Hell-raising holy men: Boozy monks caught gambling
- Sources: Spy who uncovered underwear bomb plot is a Brit
- Video: Murder and corruption scandal rocks China
Follow us on Twitter: @msnbc_world