New video has emerged of Anders Behring Breivik walking away from a van he detonated outside a government building in Oslo in 2011.
The explosion on July 22, 2011 killed eight people and injured 209. Following the blast, Breivik drove to a remote political youth camp and gunned down 69 people, most of them teenagers.
The video begins with Breivik walking around and away from a white van that held a bomb he built out of fertilizer and fuel. He parked the van next to a building that held the prime minister’s offices in the Norwegian capital.
Moments later, the bomb detonates, shaking buildings and shattering glass windows.
In August, Breivik, 33, was found guilty of murdering 77 people and sentenced to Norway’s maximum sentence of 21 years. That sentence could be extended if he is deemed a danger to society.
More world stories from NBC News:
- Egypt's Morsi, top judges compromise to defuse soaring tensions over decree
- Investigators prepare to exhume Yasser Arafat in murder inquiry
- As battle raged in Syria, Russia sent tons of cash to Damascus, records show
- Fire at German facility for disabled kills 14
- More than 100 killed in Bangladesh factory fire
- Scientists rush to save manta rays, the 'pandas of the ocean'