Mahmoud Khaled / AFP - Getty Images
Polling station officials count ballots in Cairo at the end of the first day of vote in a referendum on a new constitution.
More world stories from NBC News:
- Japan seeks a real leader after 7 PMs in 6 years
- EXCLUSIVE: Susan Rice drops out of running for secretary of state
- North Korean progress on nuclear arms, long-range missiles rattles US and allies
- 'Who is my Mandela?' South Africans consider icon's place in a changing world
- Google+ Hangout from Egypt with NBC News' Ayman Mohyeldin
- Royal prank call: Duped nurse was found hanging, also had wrist injuries
Copyright 2013 Thomson Reuters. Click for restrictions.