Police in Britain are on the hunt for a group of four people, two of whom were dressed as Oompa Loompas from the movie "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory," after a man was attacked outside a supermarket in Norwich, police said in a statement.
Two of the males in the group of three men and a woman had orange painted faces and dyed green hair like the fictional characters in the movie, who work in the chocolate factory.
The man who was attacked had just come out of a kebab house next to a supermarket early Thursday morning around 3:30 a.m. (10:30 p.m. ET Wednesday) when the group approached him, police said.
One of the attackers pushed the man to the floor. He then got up, was hit on the head, fell to the floor and got hit again.
The attack left the man with a cut below his right eye, two black eyes, a small cut to the nose and a cut lip, police said.
More world stories from NBC News:
- Drug-resistant malaria threatens deadly global 'nightmare'
- From alcohol to kites: An A to Z guide to the Islamic Republic of 'Banistan'
- UK police: Attackers dressed as Oompa Loompas beat man
- Vatican launches swipe-card security system
- US sailors sue Japan's TEPCO for post-quake radiation exposure